Friday 31 December 2010

Terminal bonus

playing cards with grandma - memory training
The last day of the year arrives at last, took it long enough.
After a couple of games of Hungry Hippo with Nanna (2 hippos each - advanced level) we raced to the station and pulled up at exactly the same time as the train. We got her on there, but there was no time for extended "I'll miss you" type stuff.
Jof went back to bed so Bud and I took some excess toys to my old nursery for the babies to destroy and got one of those free pots from outside the sweet shop to house the second part of my bath fizzer collection. I bet nobody else in the world got 79 bath fizzers for Xmas.
Then I went round to Pop's to see her new garden house. We have decided to move in together immediately but maybe when Popsdad has relined the roof and Bud has got rid of all the spiders.

the new homestead, wooden wendy house
When Grandpaw passed over, we inherited the farmstead...
Tonight is bonfire and firework night and as before, I get to put the last firework on the bonfire after midnight. Last year I was only 4 years and 2 days old and it was no probs so this year should be a breeze. We've collected 5 pallets, loads of triangles from Bud's work and the usual collection of cardboard, present wrapping paper and wine corks (always seems to be a lot of them).
Santa in a large cardboard shipping box
New years' eve bonfireBud has got another one of the giant cardboard boxes for me to play in before it goes on the bonfire. As before, he's cut a couple of face-holes and I sprayed snow around one of them to make a most acceptable Santa face. Then I slowly and deliberately drew a boy in a dress and labelled it Ben. This is not a bad thing, it's nice that society can be open about that sort of thing nowadays, everyone's different after all.
Incidentally, last time he constructed the giant box in the kitchen, it was too big to get through the door to the garden without serious scrunching of the corners. Because he is clever he has decided to construct it this time in the dining room - he'll have to scrunch it through one 3-foot doorway even to get into the kitchen.
new years' eve fireworks
At seven something the unreasonably tall Martin and Zoe came round to help with the bonfire. As usual, I fed the fire and gave out orders where appropriate which is often. Bud did his special trick of pushing the rocket too far into the ground so it couldn't lift off - it roared and then blew up spectacularly loudly in the flowerbed, filling the garden with green stars. I said "I don't like rockets...........can we do another one?" At half nine I went in to watch a film and was coming out at 1150 with all my clobber on to light the woppo firework when I realised my legs had seized up and instead watched the proceedings through the window. It turns out I'd fallen down on the ice rink a lot of times as well so my little knees are very bruised. I was in bed for half twelve.

2 comments:

  1. Will I ever live that down? Love Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little unfair, Bud says, but it's clearly something I remember but don't think is nasty.

    Bud says why don't we make the next PuddleParty (whatever the venue or occasion) into a 'fancy dress' party where all the short attendees have to cross-dress............that should sort 'em out

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.