Tuesday 28 December 2010

Bank Holiday Monday (not that you can tell, in the Shire)

pile of drying kindling wood in detached outbuilding dry stone wall
Can't reach the ones at the back? I can
Up for breakfast at the crack of 1030. After a slow game of "Slug in a Jug", Bud and I went out to the woodshed to prepare 'E-Z-Twigboxes' and piles of 'E-Z-Grab logs' to make it easier for Grandma to gather winter fuel in the darkness. Lunch finished at 1445. By 3 everyone in the house was asleep so I crept about for a while and by 5 past 3 Bud thought a walk in the woods would be a good idea. Grandad suddenly reactivated and came with us. Upon our return, Jof and Grandma were still asleep so Grandad felt outnumbered and rejoined them in the land of Nod, so I did some drawing.
the way through the woods. a woodland walkTen minutes before supper I begged a bag of crisps so I didn't want to eat my supper: that one earned me a straight to bed order without bath, the 2 allocated fizzers will carry over.
hunting trophy leopard pelt on purple velvet sofa
For I am thy King

The way through the woods


Bud was given this leopard skin (and much additional ethnic silverware) by the Sheikh of Sharjah (next one up from Dubai) in about 1985. He did not shoot it and disagrees with the pointless destruction of endangered lifeforms for showoff purposes. However this particular deaf leopard will be kept forever 'cos it's groovy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.