Monday 20 December 2010

Midwinter mandrolics


good polka dot umbrella in front of lumps fort portsmouth
Same place, same weather, just warmer (April 2009)
Invaded Bud's bed at 0330 on the pretext of needing a hanky. We've all got stinking colds, quality coughs. Personally I blame Johnny at the party.
It's been a miserable day with freezing rain and sneezes, a lot of sofa time. Later today it's the Model Village to see Santa and to investigate the tunnels, with luck it'll be quiet.
Oh yes, it was quiet. Closed due to a power cut, I resent having to leave my warm sofa for a round trip to disappointmentland for Erin (she gave me a lift) and myself via the dismal drizzle (Dizzle) of the windswept coastal plain. We'll try it again tomorrow with Ben.

I told Bud we should have brought the special 100 LED torches he ebayed from China a couple of years ago to assist us in our tunnelling exploits. He said it wouldn't have made any difference, Santa still wouldn't have shown up even if we had halogen searchlights but we'll take them tomorrow just in case. Here's a bonus video of when I was 3 3/4, exploring the WW2 radio relay station bunker under Portsdown hill. (2 mins)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.