Thursday 2 December 2010

Welcome to Orangeland

snow in the garden, early morning covering
This was the back garden at ten to six this morning (Bud gets up early) where the only movement was snowflakes (still falling) and our pet blackbird (sitting forlornly on a branch). Bud took this picture as proof and then put out some buttered crust. Everything was bathed in the surreal orange glow of the sodium lamps.
It wasn't long before we realised that school was closed so Bud had to stay at home (there wouldn't be many people in at his work either) to look after me.
close encounters of third kind, constructing snow mountain
I growl at everything
The Pop Princess arrived before 0800. Then LittleMax dropped in and Erin came to spend the day. Ben and JoniBob have already been in contact to suggest a Thursday Park to replace Wednesday Park. Erin, Bud and I got stuck in to making a snowman. Erin said she liked it last week when I kissed her at playtime (wahey). Today we are calling Bud Mr Gubblebum, Mr Angrypants and so forth.



children lying top to toe for warmth
Warming the tootsies
Amazingly, Erin had not learnt from last time and refused to instantly obey my repeated orders, so I threw stuff at them and spent 25 minutes howling under the dining table. Lunch: scampi, pizza and chips with baby corn. Thence outside to finish the snowman.

One pompey hat, 1 boomerang we found in the park, one banana, one button from my private collection, 1 bit of pot-pourri and 2 gaily decorated bath toy ping pong balls later, we had a deal. The unique construction is as follows: pile up a load of snow in a flowerbed. Get your average common or garden 15" plant pot, fill, compact repeatedly, add to pile. Repeat twice. Adorn with strange accessories. Bud says we should name it Trident or Icy BM. (?)
the best snowman in the world made with plant pots and plastic spades
NOBODY else has one like ours
armed and cold, dressed for snow play
No! For I shall lump thee
Then: to park. Ben and the JoniBobs were there already so the 5 of us got stuck in while the adults were attacked by hordes of local youths throwing snowballs. We played hide and seek, get stuck in the bush, roll over in the snow, shake the tree branch so all the snow falls on your mate, attack Bud and many other playground classics. Erin got frozen toe syndrome so had to go early but the rest of us followed suit soon enough. I had to have a complete change of clothes bar pants and I bet the others were the same.
After a cup of tea (1 sugar, milk) it was time to go round LittleMax's for play and supper! I need some time off. Can I go back to school now?

Some might think that I'd be out for the count at 1845 like poor old glaciated Erin but Ono, I'm finishing the drawings we did earlier, as manically as before. Supper and play with LittleMax and his collection of guitars was ace. I need more. Bud says he's knackered. Isn't that something to do with horses?
Got Jof up at 0300 and 0330 to rub my hurting legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.