Tuesday 2 February 2016

True Grit

idiot man fail drugsJof had today off so didn't have to get up so early. I woke her up, can't have that.
At school we did our extra-extra-swimming and I was one of at least 2 divers that lost our trunks on the way in. I lost my goggles too which made retrieval doubly difficult.
iced mango juice for runner in trainingTowards the end of the day I went to the gym and learned a new routine with lots of turns and jumps and leaps and roundoffs and all the usual things.
But the achievement of the day was during my 2 1/4 kilometre run. Following yesterday's chatfest, Bud challenged me to go the whole run without talking, because talking while running can get in the way of breathing, which is useful for running, you know the way it is. So I picked up the gauntlet and ran with it. And you know what, I kept on going and even though I had ample opportunities to stop for a breather, I suddenly got a case of determination and went the whole 2 1/4 km without stopping once!
Now, I may not have broken any records but for me, on only my 8th run, that was epic. I deserved a pint of iced mango juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.