Thursday 11 February 2016

A Cock-up on the Scheduling Front

untalented younger brother gets bit part in school productionAt last! The day of the school Star Wars-themed play. I had my updated script, my mug, my fake spectacles, my tailor-made suit, my adoring crowds and my confidence.
But I had no cameraman. Due to idiocy, which I hope does not run in families, Bud read my invite for 1430 today as 1430 tomorrow, so carefully failed to turn up today and missed the epic performance.
In addition, he sulked and blamed me until sight of the original document proved beyond a shadow of the flames of the 10th circle of hell that it was all his fault.
106 year old armenian woman with ak47Anyway, he'll attend the early matinee tomorrow while whipping himself with birch twigs and specially-imported nettles.
During recent rehearsals, R2D2 (played by the slightly undersized Gene in a wheelie bin) rolled away out of control and fell over which was so funny we kept it in, with C3PO chasing after him.
When he tweetles and beeps, he has to lift his bin-lid and hold up 2 beeping noise generators. Today, his beep-boxes overheated and he had to eject the smoking contraptions, luckily not gassing him in the process.
The girl playing Luke Skywalker (don't ask) had broken her arm yesterday but in true stage tradition, the show went on, she just didn't gesticulate so much. Everything went off fine, but you'll just have to take my word for it due to the missing cameraman/witness.
eastney esplanade marines museum portsmouthIn other news, the IT teacher showed off the tweet from the New Scientist magazine with me stuck to a metal shipping container using super-magnets, a good laugh.
polished silver spoons from ebayIn extra-swimming, I changed my tactics and held back during the warm-up and initial races and when it came to the proper races, I stormed it completely and won totally. Hurrah! Then, in a change to my usual afternoon run, we simply ran along the seafront to the coffeeshop and back, which was 2.5 kilometres in very different surroundings. We didn't have to cross any roads, the course was flat, and many other joggers were taking advantage of the evening light.
At home Bud showed me my new yogurt spoons. OK, so they're Victorian silver plated serving spoons for Xmas and other events, so I've got them like Arnold Schwarzenegger in The 6th Day which was a funny film with helicopters and the same bad guy as in 'Ghost'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.