Sunday 20 January 2013

The First Church of Sado-Masochism

victorian palmerston fort horse ridingBedtime last night might very well have been 1145 but that didn't stop me leaping out of bed at the crack of 930. I had conned him into promising 2 hours of Lego building with me today so we started early.
snowy landscape farlington portsmouthOn the way to the supermarket we stopped off at Fort Purbrook. It is one of Lord Palmerston's incredibly expensive follies and was never used as a fort and is now inhabited by horses, but it's a great place from which to view Portsmouth in the snow, which started again this morning. The snow there was much deeper and we threw snowballs at the wildlife information signs. The hillslopes of Farlington with their many houses and kids who were off school on Friday had a giant snowman about every 40 yards, and there was one excellent igloo with hewn blocks of ice and everything.
vast lego castle with whips and chains
 Once I'd befriended yet more Girlies in Sainsbury's, we got back to Lego. The derricks from yesterday are still in there and we decided to use up every standard brick I've got to make the walls taller.
lego brick structure It looked a bit like some kind of robot Nativity diorama and I can fit half my body in it. As the roof grew ever taller, I added some whips, spiked chains, handcuff restraints and knives, for some of my Ninjago warriors come with these accessories, so I really do actually have that sort of stuff lying around. It looks highly suspicious but of course I don't know that, for I am but 7 years old. So now one of the Lego humanoids is chained up in the dungeon, suspended from the derrick-frames getting poked in the sporran by a masked Ninja with an electrified cattle prod, supercharged by a cable leading directly to the lightning conductor I've installed on the spire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.