Thursday 10 January 2013

Change is good

snake symbiont in headcat in shirt and hat funny meme extinction level event asteroid impact In other (quite old now) news, a little after my 30th birthday, the near-earth asteroid Apophis will make a fly-by. doofenschmirtz 404 not found-inatorThe only Apophis I know at the moment is the evil guy with the silly voice and the glowing eyes in sci-fi hit Stargate, which Jof still watches sometimes. But if this speeding space rock gets it slightly wrong (13th April 2036) there'll be quite a lot of changes, probably not good.
The discoverers of the asteroid named it (as per convention) after their favourite TV baddie, so just you wait until I'm a qualified astrophysicist and discover the imminent Extinction Level Event caused by asteroid 'Doofenschmirtz'.
At school I got a 'Your child has had a cheek bump' docket, this time it wasn't Zombie Tag but Ninjago Spinners, I got up and Sam crashed into me. I've moved up to Gold reading level, can I have 50p please?
boys playing football in the parkAnyway, today is the first official Thursday Park of the year, a change I'm looking forward to. We were first there and then Ben and the JBs joined me. We were all set to play my game when they all decided to break away from the main group (me) and play football. I exiled myself. Then Bob and Ben broke up, meanwhile Johnny had already exiled himself too. Soon enough us disparate nation states came together, e pluribus unum.
dusk in winterWe chased and light sabred and had a feast (on stilts this time as the ground was soggy) and played Master and Captains and got a good go on the swinging basket. Bob is a dangerous ball-thrower while we're swinging, we shall name him Bob Viscous, after Sid Viscous the punk, for his hair also sticks up.
Some 9 year-old girl had lost her HTC, I mean, she only left it sitting on her rucksack for half an hour in the dimming twilight while she wandered around, how come it wasn't there when she got back? I have many items far more valuable than a smartphone. But they're all in the bank, and robbers are out of fashion.
The estate agent rang to tell us someone's coming to see the house. This is a shame as it only gave Jof 2 days to hoover the entire house 9 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.