Saturday 26 January 2013

Not crying over spilt ink

portsmouth miniature railway bransbury parkUnbelievably, it wasn't raining, so out we went for the bottlebank walk. Remembering to take the walkie talkies at long last, we arrived at the Milton Road shopping precinct separately.
Tunnel park was nice if damp and I ordered breakfast and lunch items at the butchers, and ate the whole giant sausage roll on the way back to swingpark for a quick go on the swinging basket. I got to the tattoo parlour (Darren Stares, world famous tattoo artist) dead on time but it's not as if we had to walk far because it's practically opposite my school, it's been a temptation for too long and I finally gave in.
We had a look through the photo-books of previous tattoos and my personal favourite was the group of red indians having a tomahawk battle. It was noisy in there with the constant buzz of the ink guns and the Real Men studiously not screaming in pain and I marvelled at the man who was having jellyfish from his hips to his toes. Here's me choosing a buttock-located heart and flowers with the names Poppy and Erin in a scroll - hedging my bets.
darren stares tattoo artist parlour portsmouthIt didn't take long because it was only small (that's what all the ladies say) and we went home to have a big fry-up. I decided I don't like scrambled duck eggs, just the idea of scrambled duck eggs.
Our appointment to view #103 was at 3pm. By 5 past we were getting cold, so Jof phoned them and said where are you then. They countered by saying we have you down for 330, so we wandered off to find nappy rash cream for the tattoo. All the chemists were closed but I did randomly trip over one of the flatter sections of pavement and needed to buy chocolate to stop the big bruise on my cheek from hurting. When we got back to the house the estate agent was with someone else. We said we'd just phoned the office and they said you'd be here. She said your name's not on the list, I've got Mr Stirling today. Are you sure you've got the right house?
dulux soft apple paintWe said you may verily insert the house within the confines of your cavernous buttocks, we've got better things to do than stand around here freezing to death in the wind, Poldarks to you, the house wasn't big enough anyway.
The better things were watching Happy Feet 2 with bags of chocolate. Meanwhile, the first coat of "Soft Apple" paint went on upstairs and Jof got back and she'd bought me 2 Lego Ninjago Spinners! I really know which side my bread's peanut buttered so I thanked her repeatedly in a variety of sincere voices for ages. I did have a go at painting with a special mini roller kit but it's just not as fun as I thought. Yes, that's my damaged cheek.

1 comment:

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.