Wednesday 9 January 2013

Extra! Extra! Weedol about it

restaurant funny sign fail
I got another "Your child has had a head bump" docket today. It was because Johnny kicked me in the nose.
As part of the ongoing house sale project, this afternoon we started using up the old gardening chemicals. All seeds were summarily planted (whether they wanted to be or not) and leftover fertilisers etc were thrown around. I went round shooting all the weeds with Weedol and Pathclear and MossDeath and DandelionBegone and whatever else we could find, in the double-pistol method preferred by all good screen actors. 
We used up 2 whole bottles, I think nothing will ever grow there again, like the legend of when the Romans sowed the Carthaginian fields with salt. I also got to chop up half a bay tree using the massive choppers invented by grizzled forestiers in Finland. We'll have another crackly bonfire in a while, once this lot has dried and Jof has condemned some more outdated furniture, one of her hobbies. Obviously I should have been in the Park, but I'll cycle there tomorrow.
branch lopper on bay tree
killing grasses and dandelions weedkiller
In other news, I reported that we're doing a Skyscraper Diorama or similar in my class, so out went the call for small boxes we can draw windows on, line up, glue together and then explode with one of those little suitcase nukes so we can all work out the best place to stand in the event of nuclear holocaust. So of course Bud immediately brought home a bagful of assorted obscure boxes, including my personal favourite 'P-Wave Urinal Deodorizer' (flexible screens that reduce splashback and optimize fragrance release). Upon presenting the bag to the teacher, he got nothing but confusion (usual reaction from girlies). Of course, what I meant was, we're doing lighthouses in the summer term, so easy to get those guys mixed up. She accepted the bagful anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.