Friday 11 January 2013

No man is Ellis Island

interstate roadsign funny in snow covered landscape
Friday is here again, congratulations for surviving the week. In school today we all made some kind of cardboard device, Erin's had many compartments and mine was an artistic triumph in brown with logo and swing handle. How they failed to see it was a suitcase, not a particle accelerator is beyond me, so I started the weekend in a huff as they laughed at my Herculean efforts. See the Tevatron-cyclotron electro-magnet and the fact that it's 2 minutes past Beer. Remember the unrequired bag of boxes he brought from work for the class city-building project that never was? The big flat box is one of them.
cyclotron particle accelerator proton beam iodine 131Speaking of which, today we started a course of Judo. The teacher calls it fighting-in-white-pyjamas. I was used as demo model for the forward rolls and then we did some upside-down cycling and back-to-back hug wrestling where you have to grasp each other sensuously and make your opponent fall down. Erin got a Golden Book sticker for her awesome moves and I'm looking forward to doing it again. ps, I was not paired with Erin for this task. Some things are beyond even me.
Back to regular swimming. But first was more clearing up for tomorrow's inspection. We have espied Poppy's Xmas tree which remains unclaimed by the recycling lorry, and is just asking to be burnt. It will slip away in the night and become as a beacon of truth, a towering inferno of crackliness, ho ho.
We picked Jof up from work. The Notts county football team coach got stuck coming out of the away end and nearly took out the bus stop, we all had a good laugh at that one. Then we dropped off the laundry and hoovered and cleaned and changed the beds and painted and mopped and wiped and I ate chocolate and who knows, maybe somebody'll buy our house. So much work, just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.