Friday 4 January 2013

Hiatus burnia

star wars light saber makes toast
I got so much Lego for my birthday and Xmas that we have had to do an emergency bonfire of Lego boxes just so we can get into the conservatory.
At YMCA today I was with friends from swimming, Beavers, Gym, school and PuddleDucks (Half-Chinese Emma) which was a super-bonus. First up, we had a blackout. This was not a grid error, some workmen were replacing ducts so once they'd been fed sufficient breadcrumbs, the lights came back on, but it was fun anyway.
domestic bonfireWe went to the church next door and made clay moulds.
In the afternoon we did swimming and I got my usual heat rash from the floats. In an unrelated matter, all trains out of Portsmouth were cancelled due to a fatality at Hilsea, it's really annoying that you never find out exactly what happened.
The bonfire went off easily. With cardboard and white spirit and my extendable lighter, nothing survives. I've been firing since I was 2, and in the intervening 5 years, I've never burnt myself - I shall never be the Harriet of the story below.

======================================================================
sentient singing cats

The week's final visit to the mind of continental Europe 2 centuries ago concerns a young lady who commits suttee without having been married. Despite the sterling (or should that be Deutschmark) efforts of her unreasonably clever cats, she is doomed by her own love affair with brimstone and saltpetre.
child plays with matches spontaneous human combustion                                    Of course, I have never played with matches. This is because I simply use a lighter to light fireworks (without warning, in some cases) and the long-necked lighter to light the bonfire. Although this is not the first documented case of spontaneous human combustion, let it forever give us night terrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.