Saturday 19 January 2013

A Timely Derrick

First thing I did was miss Ben's birthday party at ¡Goals! and miss out on a chance to captain a team. Now, it's never good standing up your best mate but the way I hear it, they had a bangin' serious footy match for an hour in the biting wind, a quick lunch and then another 40 mins grudge match. I couldn't have coped.
So we did the bottlebank walk and did some park action and threw snowballs (of increasingly low quality as the snow melted away) at trees and lamp-posts. I also got a surprise Grade 2 haircut at good old Sid's place by the park. I really need to take a hat everywhere with me now. We built some Lego rockets, but something was missing, the tall scaffolding derrick thing where the astronauts climb up and walk into the cockpit.
There was a session of frantic cleaning and laundering before our house-viewing visitors arrived at 315 and then we all went out. He went to the Tattoo parlour while I took Jof into town. We bought some bath fizzers and had some toastie sarnies in M+S because that's my favourite food. I did pester Jof for Lego, so many times that she said I couldn't have any more, ever.
huge bag of Lego bricks
Well, poodle me sideways if Bud didn't have a surprise for me upon our return. The fabled £10 bag of random Lego from a charity shop struck again! This time, he was happy. We have our artistic differences: I like Ninjago Spinner-type items: he says they're rubbish because you can't take the bits and recycle them to make a tower. This is true, but I like them. He likes big blocks and other building-type stuff. Today's bag was - a massive selection of blocks with some derricks! So we made a massive Lego Rocket launchpad! Look at the walls on that! Everything in this picture is from today's bag, apart from the rocket and the grey base. Just like Ben, I'm moving towards Daddy dearest, away from those apron strings.
For Youtube videos after Bath Fizzer Night, I had 'Mad Russian with .50 cal machine gun versus 250 watermelons' and 'Mad American and his mates fill the sky with lead from every kind of machine gun imaginable', and Beethoven's 5th to calm me down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.