Sunday 13 January 2013

Fighting ice with fire

I was up nice and early, 1045. After a vitamin-poor breakfast of scotch egg and pork pie, we went shopping so Jof could run. I am currently learning to drive, by changing gear for him. So far I have mastered first and second, I have had a brief foray into 4th but while selecting 3rd, have a tough time not going back to first.  Later, Jof took me to the seafront so he could run. It's cold. I played on the arcades and won £4 for my Lego fund.
back garden bonfireAt home the final stage of the cupboard upgrade was ours for the taking. The old tool cupboards were bought by Grandma and Grandad in the 1950s and are now very rickety. The big one has a pull-out table thing in case you can't afford a dining table, this made an excellent den so I arranged all the cardboard and wood around it. It became my shop, selling wood, and I dispensed it slowly from my front window and kept rearranging the stock out the front. But gradually, Poppy's Xmas tree was finished and my shop began to sell everything it had (a firesale) until there was nothing left. I put on the last work surface myself and retired to sofa, my work done. After my shower I was allowed to watch Fort Boyard before bed. It was only then that we remembered the 6 giant cardboard triangles and the 2 boxfuls of Bay tree branches that we'd put in the loft out of the way of our house-viewer (codename Bhupinder Gholigosh). I'm sure there'll be another bonfire along in a minute, there usually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.