Friday 18 January 2013

Boba Feta Cheeza: Trudgement day

depressed alcoholic russian in frozen abandoned industrial town funnyWell, it definitely snowed this morning. However, we are on the coastal strip and hence enjoy a milder climate than locations even 1 mile inland. So I bet Salisbury and Winchester are having fun today whereas we have to trudge to school (and on a Friday, too!). Just onto the mainland, Highbury and Paulsgrove Primaries closed. Then, gradually, Portsea Island schools started to register on the closed list - the JB's school, Ben's place, even the Junior school next door, and the bus company ceased operations. But I had already been dropped behind enemy lines and Agent Erin and I were in deep cover lockdown mode for the duration of the war.
Well, we had our Judo lesson (during which a consignment of little boxes suitable for our car-building project mysteriously turned up in my classroom) and played in the snow and slipped over but carried on anyway.
wimborne infants portsmouth snow The snow continued past lunchtime but it was heavier off the island, and by the afternoon it had stopped. Pops didn't even go in today although her school was open as well!
The swimming pool website bore all the hallmarks of lack of effort. Closed due to adverse weather conditions. A swimming pool closed? They're just being wet. Aha. milton park portsmouth in snow
This just gave Erin and I more time to enjoy the park.
The snow has clearly been tramped down for the whole day by all the kids from other schools that didn't open, but there was quite enough left for our purposes.
filling a sledge with snowballs ammunition
Our purposes were to attack our parents, of course, strange that they attacked us too. In a snowy free-for-all we huffed and puffed and got snow and woodchips down our collars and wellie boots. One sneaky move saw a handful of snow applied directly to my builder's bumcrease while I was bent over collecting my next shot.
Pops appeared later and brought her sledge thing with drag-rope attachment, which we filled up with ammunition. But all too soon, Erin had to go and Pops had a party to go to, so we emptied out the sledge and Bud pulled us home in the slush, we were quite cold and wet: you can never really have enough gloves. The whole event took all of half an hour but it was full-on and quite quite tiring. Very funny, though.
Ben is having his birthday party at the football place tomorrow. I could say that I'm not going because it'll be unreasonably icy and any one of us could easily slip over and crack an arm - and I didn't enjoy it when I broke my arm. I could say that it's because Jof is taking the car tomorrow, so I can't possibly get there. But really it's embarrassing because I don't like football any more. It was OK at Thursday football when we were all 5 or so, we were all as crap as each other and spent most of the time quacking and laughing and running up and down between the little orange bollard things, which required no skill. But now everyone else is a foot taller than me and they're really keen and I just get knocked over and if I ever get the ball, someone nicks it off me and I get kicked in the leg. I guess that makes me like the girls who don't want to do the football party. Sorry, Ben. But I'm busy getting in with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.