Friday 7 January 2011

Regrets, I'll have a few

It was the puppet show at school today so I came home determined to make a puppet show of my own. Bud has to bring back another giant box from work to be the stage and I need to make several puppets. So I got Bud's yellow socks and drew enormous eyes on one: these turned out to be too far apart so I got the next sock and tried again. Adding a massive mouth and some brown stripes for reasons unknown, I then abandoned the socks to their future as bespoke-designer executive socks and went to watch TV.
It was at this point Pops came round to invite me to dinner. I said no thanks, I'd rather watch Special Agent Oso (the adventures of a severely retarded Panda and his badly animated associates, suitable for 3 year-olds with only the slenderest grasp on reality) because it was an episode I hadn't seen and I might enjoy it. Pops looked crestfallen and trudged home.
It was only a couple of minutes later that Bud finished his energetic and heartfelt monolog about a girl he'd turned down at university who had haunted him for the last 23 years: I suddenly realised I'd made a terrible mistake and was most of the way down the road before Bud caught up. I'm now playing hide and seek with Pops and have specifically requested 90 minutes, but have made provision for an extra half-hour if required.

Three hours after this, Bud and Jof decided to come and see how I was getting on. Jof nipped outside, Bud accidentally locked the back door and left the house, thankfully with the keys. Pops and I were playing "Can't catch me" (a game in which older, stronger people attack us with a large beach ball) with Pops' eldest sister Millie and her friend Megan as chief antagonists. I'd had supper and much play. Jof joined us (she couldn't get back in the house so had little choice) and eventually we left after a stolid child-minding session by the Pops family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.