Saturday 29 January 2011

Mephistopheles' magick mangelwurzel


flagship HMS Victory in Portsmouth showing rigging
Rigging frenzy

Jof was at work today so I had a monopoly on Bud's time. We did the usual bottlebank walk but the wind was biting and it just wasn't fun any more. After some random foodstuffs we set out on the main trip of the day - a victorious return to the dockyard to revisit the shops without 5,000 followers. I hoped they had forgotten me from when I pulled over the keyring display and ran away, I promised I'd remain quiet and invisible for the shop for over 12s only. Well, it was still cold but special tricks (pyjama bottoms under my trousers and a glove on my plastered hand) meant I didn't get chilblains and a countersunk willy so that was nice.

decommissioned plastic hulled minesweeper, Portsmouth basin
Ark Royal was still there but had moved to a further dock and was now off-limits. We didn't buy the super-expensive entry-to-everything ticket but come the summer we might. We toured and bought badges, coins, pen, rubber, little Henry 8th statuette and a submarine for the bath, ie all the usual little stuff that wasn't too expensive but 5 year-olds love.
Then we dropped in on Jof at work and went home for 2nd lunch (sausages) at about 4pm.
Because of the bath toy purchase, I absolutely had to try it out. I can recommend holding the propeller right on the surface of the water and dripping bubble bath onto it.....

Bonus Vid - bath sub action

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.