Friday 28 January 2011

A day of renewal

surrounded by jugsGot to the hospital by 0830.
In what I consider to be a ****ing travesty and totally against what those turdburglars Jof and Bud have promised me, I am now the proud owner of a new and purple plaster which has to remain on for another week. It turns out I did break my arm, not just sprain it so that's something to crow about. Because I've already done 2 weeks inside I've only got 1 more week (time off for good behaviour) till parole, I got them Cotton County jailhouse blues.
I shall attend the 2 parties in defiance of my injured status but don't expect me to be swinging on lianas, although I may be swinging with Liana, that cute brunette in the year above.
Bud notes that by the time we get back from Ben's party he will already be 2 hours behind on lager night so he's sure to go straight to hotrum night, expect an ebullient and incandescent bathtime.
stealing chips at birthday party in soft play kids area
My plate is empty. This is not my plate, my plate was full....
So. Jof took me to Olivia's party at KrezziCaves on foot. I fought and climbed and slid and chased and wore her out, because she thought she had to follow me everywhere to make sure I didn't break my other arm. Did my broken arm stop me? Did it Buttox. 
injured soldier with girlfriend soft play area party for kids
Obviously I took advantage of this source of help and got her to lift me over obstacles I could easily have circumvented like the famous Maginot line and eventually she tired and left me to it. I made sure that one flailing plastered limb caught her a good clout round the face to teach her a lesson.
Bud came to meet us just as the climbing session was over (applause for timing) and we all (we're talking an entire reception year class here) squeezed into one party room (no room for adults). I finished my own meal and started stealing food from my namesake and neighbour BigMax - eat it or beat it, I say.
ball pit of doomHe performed his usual display of ketchup dispensing and general idiocy and made my classmates giggle. But before you know it..... we decamped to go to party # 2 - my old mate Ben back in Horizones in Havant Leisure Centre - a splendid venue staffed with professional operatives where I just so happened to break my own arm a fortnight ago. Did this adverse event stop me? Did it buttox. The JoniBobs were in their usual attire - Johnny in his naval shirt and Bob was a Pirate (when isn't he?)
Climbed and slid and fought and attacked and etc and at the end of it, Bud was a sweaty dead person.
fizzing birthday cake at kids birthday partySo many people of my height see him as a legitimate target, don't know why.
Finally it was time for the cake thing with the candles and a small firework and the song in 7 opposing keys (mostly flat) and then we left.
Thanks to Bensmum for another top-quality bash, didn't know too many people there but a lot of the important ones were there. Haven't seen Erin for a while - hope she's OK.
We raced the Poppies home and seemed to win but given their head start they probably went somewhere else.
Bed by 2140 after a much-needed bath.
More fun tomorrow - but with a purple plaster.....
too high to get over too low to get under
Face your fears: the obstacle that broke my arm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.