Tuesday 11 January 2011

Rainy day, dream away (Hendrix)

untimely death of diana spencer princess of wales cannabis drinktree molester 
My birthday party venue (Pirate Pete's) is booked! Due to my actual birthday's proximity to Xmas day I have a party in the boring wasteland that is February, spread the joy a little. I shall deliver the invites myself on my bike this afternoon, nothing like the personal touch.

enormous lego towerLast night after I'd gone to bed, a magic lego elf visited the playroom and added personnel to the defensive structure I'd built yesterday. Bud wonders whether I'll notice. Incidentally, looking at the little lego figures, there's the policeman, construction worker, AA rescue vehicle operator, Star Wars stormtrooper and many more (all with interchangeable heads and hats so no soldier is ever the same). I have a question. Is it my imagination or are all these figures as gay as a raspberry cheesecake? I mean, seriously, they look ever so proud waving their giant sniper rifles in those shiny uniforms..... As soon as I got back from school I got on my bike and found a job as postman. With Bud running and puffing alongside, (it's nice that a son and father can go out together and have a mile-long argument about whose fault it was I slipped over on the soapy bit in the bath twice last night) I cycled a good couple of miles to deliver to:
  1.  Beth (not in)
  2.  Ben (in after-school club so gained access to his school to find him watching Toy Story 3 and deliver it directly)
  3. The JoniBobs (parked just as we had posted them through the door: Bob was wearing his shoes on the wrong feet again so fell down while running up and down the pavement: Johnny is so used to Bud wearing his work boots he stamped repeatedly on his toes, right through his trainers)
  4. Erin (in drama class so not in)
  5. Poppy (in, but has Swine Flu of all things, had to deliver to MillieRuby outside. Get well soon Pops)
Then home as dusk fell to make a dinosaur out of lego.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.