Wednesday 9 February 2011

Life, complicated as a Denobulan Prenup

reception year writing project jack and the beanstalk and magic lamp
So the great beanstalk story will remain unfinished. Started with determination, it became my entry in Ben's writing challenge but it doesn't matter if it tails off..... I can tell you that the item Jack finds on the giant's dinner table was going to be a magic lamp so staying true to the original narrative was not compulsory.
My teacher says if I lose interest in something move on, so publish and be damned!

Yet another builderman came round to talk about walls and then Jof came home early so fun, fun, fun!

My teacher says I have to be in bed for 8pm instead of my usual 9 so this has made showertime/bedtime an even more energetic affair as I'm just not tired. In fact I can protest my alertness while yawning simply by waving a finger...

3 comments:

  1. Did Mungles spell those himself? If so, AWESOME!!!!!! Ben's mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bud definitely helped me with the spelling, but it was a useful teaching tool and I improved over the course of the book. See my e's change from old style to new style at the top of page 2. Bud wrote no letters at all, just the 1st set of inverted commas.
    He wanted me to finish so he could post it but I lost interest - however much he went on about it which was in itself a turn-off.
    Like Ben, I also like to spell words that end in an -uh sound with a U, so Nannu, spannu etc.
    Plus I heartily recommend the use of lines to help me fit in my words, see difference line 1 - line 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! Erins mum! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.