Friday 25 February 2011

Carmageddon the cosmic crustacean of Cordoba


skittles. bowlplex gunwharf portsmouth Last weekday of half-term so might not get up till noon, bedtime last night was 930 but I was still singing long after that. If only I had a group activity with the Puddlers lined up.....
bowling game, collecting bowling balls bowlplex gunwharf'Twas a normal day until after lunch. Jof and I had got on a bus and gone down the pub for no apparent reason when Ben turned up. After a coupla lagers we wandered off and hey presto there was the Bowl-a-rama or Skittle-plex or whatever it was where I'd celebrated my 3rd birthday.
Bud and the JoniBobs were waiting for us. We all got shod (as you do) and then started.


5 year-old bowling green ball at bowlplex portsmouth
He's only 5
 The 4 important people had one lane and the 5 adults had one as well. We all battled it out to the best of our abilities (varied, limited, handicapped) for 2 games.
We had a kind of ramp thing to throw our balls down and barriers down the sides to stop our balls going straight down the side gutters but soon enough we worked out that if you just hold a ball, thrust your pelvis forward and drop the ball, it'll trundle down the lane agonizingly slowly and hit a load of the white sticky-up pins at the end, and if lucky, a lot of them. This was top stuff and we humped our balls as best we could while the grown-ups kept chucking theirs straight down the side drainpipes.
We insisted that all the balls on our side had to be green. At the end our scores were (on average, counting for bottie-wind speed and crisp/chocolate time dilation) more than theirs. It's true, we took it in turns to howl (I crunched my fingers in the ball return slot again/he hit me in the head/there's an orange ball on our side/the unknown reason/I need a wee) but in the end, true to form, we posed for a team picture. Subsequently, exeunt severally for supper and extended showers.
There's no doubt about it, it was a slam-dunking choc-sucking woppo evening with the boogaloo-dudes, and yes, if we can ditch the howling, it'd be a total runner, every week, if I get the chance.
Statistical analysis of the 2 games combined:
US

THEM
Bobert
197

JoniBobsDad
236
Max
179

Bud
167
Johnny
177

BensMum
153
Ben 
151

Jof
146



JoniBobsMum
121





crying contestant at skittles alley
Pin Pals (which face is guilty?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.