Saturday 12 February 2011

The axeman strummeth

bransbury park sand soft all weather football pitches
Lovely day so went for a walk in 2 parks, bought some seeds for my flowerbed, played football. The big climbing frame in Tunnel Park has been removed, have to see what it's being replaced with.
marks and spencer canteen portsmouth commercial road
Of course I'm # 1
Later we went into town to register in the "Where did I eat this month" challenge with Ben. Jof had got the cakes for my birthday party from M+S so where better to eat: instead of getting a boring table like everyone else we sat on the big round barstools and stuffed our faces with ham and cheese toasty sandwiches. I had a Thomas choc lolly and Bud had a big coffee. The gingerbread man will have to wait until later to get eaten 1 limb at a time. The barstools were great because
  1. Someone with a bottie as small as mine can really lay back or curl up sitting on my feet
  2. They're padded unlike the prole chairs
  3. You can sit and watch a procession of ladies of a certain age (and a certain girth) and their daughters go past and pass judgement on each of them, each in his own style
paved area under roundabout winston churchill avenue portsmouth
Stabiliser-free for 54 weeks
We'll be using the stools next time even if all the tables are free. I also like the M+S caff because you can ask for as many little jugs of milk as you want.....(bibendum, for those with decent latin)
Then, suitably sated, we wandered back to where I'd parked the bike (didn't I say? How else should one get into town on such a lovely day?) and rode back via the giant roundabout by the police station to see how the diggers were getting on. It seems that they have spent the last week flattening some bits and piling up the earth in other bits. I'm sure they know what they're doing.
terrible home-made birthday cake
 When Jof was finally allowed to leave the office, we made the birthday cake montage/diorama. The little train that holds the candles was too long for the cake so we fiddled and faffed, chopped up the cake and laid it out again, added extra melted chocolate to try and er, well, chocolate over the cracks, and so forth. It made a glorious, sticky and tasty mess. It was at that point that Bud got home off his bike ride and told us how we could have done it right in the first place but we don't want to talk about that, do we, children? The result - well, it'll win no prizes but it's got all the components and it'll end up as a giant chocolate chow-down so what the hell.
Now: Nunc est bibendum (now is the time to drink) - I'm having more milk, Bud isn't.
bath dirtier than when you started. using face-painting pens
Saturday night is fizzer night and this time I got hold of those special crayons that write underwater and decorated the bathroom to the strains of Best of the Blues by Gary Moore.

2236 and I'm in bed but still singing my new song...."In-oo-araaa wargle arooga-eekle nearr-nearr..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.