Thursday 10 February 2011

A dream within a dream (Alan Parsons Project)

lying pope and the hypocrisy of the catholic churchLots and lots of rain today. Bud brought my umbrella and we sang and danced in the rain ("Terpsichorean madness" - RADA comedy review) on the way home and then I sat under the dining table sorting out my dinosaurs. All of a sudden, there was a Pops standing there, having snuck in while I was chairing peace talks between my 3 fiercest dinos. So we played snap, hide and seek, hide the bike medal and so forth. Then there was bowling, Bud had to mend the target and we broke a ball (how do you do that?) and then it was upstairs to make a den in my bedroom.
school kids playing card game on dining room carpet This meant getting all the books out, spreading the blanket we got from the paramedic out over the cupboard as a front door, using the duvet as a garden and so much more. We invented a game called "Invisible Hamsters" which has similar rules to Cat'n'Dog (scooting around on the floor on knees making hootling noises). We even took it in turns to bombard each other with the 70s-style bead curtain in the hall that doesn't cover a door. Eventually she had to go, I was sad so wrote her a letter. Yes, I did get a goodbye kiss from the Pinup Pop Princess but I was cool about it.  
making a duvet den under the bed
kids playing together

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.