Friday 18 February 2011

Learning English as a second Language

Today's topics at school were:
  1. Lessons in vocabulary, grammar and spelling for beginners. My fellow students and I discussed some new words with our teacher using flashcards: then we used them in sentences in a group tutorial.
  2. Playtime. The tutor allowed us to choose role-play, dressing up or brick-building. I prefer the resources in the play area and research new ways to build towers.
  3. Breaktime. The interactive hopscotch course is going well and, following comprehensive examinations, the lecturer says I am now fluent.
  4. Games, songs, stories, polite conversation and one-to-one dialogue. The class is following the national syllabus, all the way to University.
  5. Writing. My calligraphy leaves a little to be desired but thanks to the expert tuition I can now write simple words and key phrases.
Soon I hope to speak English like a native and not say things like "I done this", "One, two, free", and "I want them chocolates".

drawing on the baby in permanent markerAs of right now - the weekend! And half-term!! So because of that, Jof claimed fish'n'chips night. Following my existing supper #1 of babybel cheese and yogurt and supper # 2 of crunchy prawns, I had the bonus supper # 3 of chish'n'fips from the one that the JoniBobs use (with their generously proportioned serving wenches) instead of Mehmet's House of Dubious Marine Products (formerly the KingFishers). Distended belly again. That did not stop me dancing all the way through "Friday is relaxed shower night": I had a practice run on the potions part of my education, apparently Bud came top of the year in A-level chemistry so Potions night should be fun. (Is there no beginning to his talents?) I was pleading alertness by 630 so by bedtime I was comatose. Still, after my shower I was sufficiently reinvigorated to play some Nocturnal Naked Pinball™.
See you in the morning for some unexpected delights they have not yet told me about.

2 comments:

  1. Some of my mum's friends say I done that. - no hope! Love from Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might very well believe that. But I ent dun nuffing, apparently.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.