Thursday 18 November 2010

Still raining, still dreaming (Hendrix)

So last night's preview of Gorbaduck went well.
Changes to be made: sections have to be shorter (modifying from a 2-part story to a 3-parter) and I have supplied numbers for the chickens, pigs and mice. I mean, how can a farmer count his livestock if we're not told his exact stockholding? I also have a ...... particular issue with what the pigs do all day, but he says I'm just being silly.
This morning Bud took me to school for the first time, because he has a day off. Once we were inside (it was raining again) we dawdled, wandered, got distracted and milled around generally while Bud tried to get me to put my book bag in the right place, hang my coat up etc etc. He says it's nothing like roll call at Sandhurst.
Today at school it was Pudsey day so we had to wear spots and put money in the bucket. I didn't have any spotty clothes so rather than just splodging an old T-shirt with permanent marker Jof bought me a spotty set of pyjamas: it reminded Bud of a joke (as follows)
My little Jockey, polka-dot pyjamas
Sometimes it's useful to be small

The first year kids had a school trip to the racecourse, accompanied by 2 female teachers.
During the day it got to toilet time and so one teacher took all the girls to the ladies toilet and the other teacher took all the boys to the mens and just stood outside looking sheepish.
After a while one of the boys came out and said that because they were only six years old none of them could reach the urinals. So the teacher hoped nobody was watching, went inside and held up the boys in front of the urinal one by one, holding their little todgers so none of it got on their clothes.
Then the teacher noticed that one of the boys had a much bigger willy. So she said "Oh, you must be a fourth year, not one of my first years." And the boy said "No, my name's Dennis, and I'm riding Silver Bullet in the 2:15."

Today I told Bud that he has to build a pirate ship in the garden, and if he can't, JoniBob's Dad can do it. It's amazing how many reasons they could think of why it wasn't going to happen.
Tomorrow I'm going on a train to see Nanna. We're going to make crowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.