Sunday 14 November 2010

Castle destruction day

cardboard chopping, stripping off brown tapeIt's been in the dining room for a week, it's time for it to go. The table's still at the wrong end, one of the chairs is still in the bedroom and we can't see properly to do drawing because the flags and crenellations block what little sunlight we get in these wintry latitudes.
cardboard burning, paper infernoSo I hired co-conspirators Johnny and Bobert to help destroy it and cart it down to the bonfire (now a sorry pile of bricks, but good enough for cardboard). Despite the joyous task of demolition and incineration, I still managed to have two quality howlrounds: the first was during the dismemberment phase of the operation when Bud refused to let me have a large sharp kitchen knife to stab the panels with (don't know why) and the second was after the last post had been played and we'd thrown the last bit on, a dispute about ownership of a golf ball resulted in me wanging Bob in the face with a hula hoop (the large plastic variety, not the crunchy salt bombs).
He cried loudly and so did I as Bud hoisted me into the air and administered a stout clap to my bum. In the end we settled it with apples, chocolate brownies and Handy Manny the Mexican repairman. 
Video bonus: kick a castle when it's down (utter bloodcurdling war cry here). We attacked the pile of boxes with such vigour I actually broke a metal spade.
Just an hour after we finished the fire, it started raining. Bud took the opportunity to finish the drawing as instructed, reproduced below in Munglevision. You can see the 4D parrots, mobius strip, trumpeting quadruped, reducing penguins, sheep flags, hookah producing clouds of traffic signs (smoke signals), disc drive and a feline component in a radio transmitter circuit. I worry about him, I believe he fell in the "Magic Potion" as a baby, like Obelix.
artist on drugs, vivid imagery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.