Monday 1 November 2010

Not all problems can be solved with triangles

Monday and back to school, now on hot school dinners instead of packed lunches.
Afterwards, Bud and I went to the skip outside the back of Debenhams Commercial Road to load up on free wood for the bonfire party this coming Saturday. Some of it was quite naily and screwy but then so am I.
future arsonist. enormous domestic bonfire
3 years, 1 month and a lot of work to do
 He had already brought back 3 loads of triangles from work which have been my favourite bonfire fuel since I was 2. Also known as pallet corner strengtheners, they can be easily broken by any pet adult you have to hand, making a light yet throwable item, ideal for fire training in the 2-3s.

Directly behind me in this picture (Feb '09) are 4 sheaves of "triangles". Also visible: a pallet, some duckboards, sticks from the garden, random bits of wood I pick up from people's front gardens and a nappy box, sadly revealing that although I'd been doing bonfires for 6 months I still couldn't go to the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.