Sunday 7 November 2010

Aftermath

Bud was awake at 8, because it often works out that way. He got me up at 10 because I had a birthday party at 11, Pirate Pete's. I ran around like a lunatic with my schoolfriends but Bud was very quiet for some reason and sat down a lot.
After that it was tidy up time, even more washing up, hoovering, finding strange items in the flowerbeds (party poppers, 4 slices of lemon the colour of mulled wine, remnants of fireworks), and sweeping. Also discovered during the tidy-up: burnt fragments of religious text exhorting us to embrace god, and some handwritten notes with cryptic comments such as "sugar grinding in my teeth" - I think my parents must be part of some holy spy ring. Oh no.... what if they're grooming me to take over as leader of the secretive sect? They keep saying things like "Oh god, what do you want now", "My god, was that your bottom" and stuff, maybe I am the messiah after all, I shall have to keep an eye on them.
 The poor fireplace is dead, it needs a complete rebuild so I look forward to helping Bud with that. It was still burning this evening as usual.




alas, poor fireplace, we knew it well. brick kiln
Ashes to ashes, you have served us well

Later I watched Toy Story 3 again without the benefit of 6 noisy friends while Jof had an afternoon sleep for some reason.
At bathtime I played with the deadly "BD 100" weaponised reinforced radioactive Geneva-treaty banned mega plastic syringe bath toy with stunning 100ml capacity, wide tip for quick reloading, effective range over 20 ft. Bud had bought some (from a vetinary supplies website!) as party gifts for my friends and I. During the party he spent some time making all the mummies blush by telling them to bend over, don't know why.
Body count: 45 beers, 9 wines and some random vodka/rum. Tinkly trip to the bottle bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.