Monday 18 January 2016

The Travelling Spice Salesman Problem

sexual peccadillo of teenagerBack to normality for a Monday which passed with few incidents. We are doing an advert for military hardware and so we did our first drafts with all the technical specs, we'll cut it down to fit in a 30 second or 1 minute slot, perhaps at half-time at the Superbowl.
As I'd had so much screen-time yesterday, I voluntarily cut my own daily allowance to 30 minutes (one day only, conditions apply, willpower may go down as well as up) and chose to start with homework.
This one is a numeracy task with angles and distances of various values but mostly is about geometric construction.
travelling salesman problem shortest routeYou have to plot a safe course between 2 points in space avoiding asteroids and planets, gravity wells and other spatial anomalies in order to leave Point-of-Origin A and arrive safely at Destination B. I imagined I was leaving Arrakis and smuggling a shipment of Melange (Dune Spice) to a distant planet full of needy customers with advanced chemical dependencies, and made it using only 6 hyperspace jumps, although you can do it in 3.
Later, I decided that half an hour on Klash-Of-Klans just wasn't enough and reneged on my own deal, let's hope I never take up smoking.
In Scouts we were naughty. Last week there was trouble and we had to re-affirm the rules and this week we had a gut-puncher and a guy that said "F*** you" to his friend and that's breaking the King's Rule (or perhaps the 'King's Rule) and at the end the Cub Leader said that if you don't want to be a good Scout then don't come back. But we also invested (welcomed, not saved for a rainy day) 4 new Cubs in case some of them take him up on the offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.