Wednesday 16 November 2016

Matinee idolatry

invitation to psycho axe killersIn my hour-long French lesson, I was told that, like many others in my class, I am now 2% fluent in French. Can you really be 2% fluent in something? Is one of those egg-timers of Damocles dangling over my head saying 2% loaded but not telling you what actual data rate you're getting from your broadband provider?
Anyway, Jof had been busy on Amazon again and I had a wide choice of DVDs to watch, to while away the evening. Because I'm only allowed one hour per day on Minecraft Never-Ending Story, I opted for an afternoon showing and had to choose which one. I am currently scared of aliens having watched the Simpsons episode where Skinner falls into a bucket of worms, so ET, Mars Attacks and Flight of the Navigator were out.
I fancied silly gangsters so it was A Fish called Wanda, that naughty Mr Cleese seems to get everywhere. I liked dancing in pants, flipping a gun past the airport metal detector, the accidental dog-killer and using a crossbow to open a door.
Later, I decided I liked the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe series because they had trans-dimensional Portal-rings, and I haven't even met the phase-change Reality-Shift Wardrobe yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.