Friday 31 May 2013

Great rock'n'roll Spindle

Woken up 3 hours early to go to the YMCA. We managed to get all 3 of us ready in time, an achievement in itself, and dropped Jof at work before I arrived at the gym where many of the Puddlers are traditionally childminded. Childmound?
Anyway, Ben joined me and we did "Paintsplat" which means you drop paint from a height and make your own Jackson Pollock, a load of them in fact.
milton park southseaI'd done about 4 hours when I tried to swallow a particularly large mouthful at lunchtime: the bolus got stuck and I find the most efficient way to do this is to evacuate my stomach contents loudly and with much commotion. The care providers are not allowed to keep any child who does this so they summoned Bud from home. He was at B+Q getting spindles, which are those thin carved poles that hold up the banisters. Therefore he did not answer the phone. Therfore the emergency number (Jof mobile) was the next to be tinkled and Jof had to taxi up to me, collect me and deliver me to the house where he was waiting for us.
Of course I was instantly better and wanted to go to the park with Pops. She was out, so we went anyway and I met football Harry and played with Ollie.
Then it sort of tailed off and I wanted to do a big bike ride but we didn't
know where and then we had to argue on the phone with B+Q for hours about how they could sell you a bath for lots of money but not give you a plughole or legs to hold it up. The builders have started to put tiles down but you can't make a bathroom without a sink, toilet, plughole, and all the other bits that haven't turned up yet.
Swimming was on so we caught a bus (£5) and met Bensmum there as she picked Ben up. We all got a bit lost and it was confusing but I swam well and Taaams (Thomas, but done in the accent of the big dark-faced momma in Tom and Jerry) challenged me to football in the fiery crucible that is the tennis courts outside YMCA and it was great until I was on the long winding bus home in the sun and the walk from the bus stop directly into the sun and I had about 2 mouthfuls of supper and went to bed.
In all, it was a day with rock'n'roll possibilities, but it turned out to be a disappointing swindle.
4/10, could do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.