Monday 20 May 2013

A bit Humidor for Thermidor

baby consoling crying elder brother funnyParticularly enjoyed the story of the Texan burglars who scuffled with a homeowner and shoved him in a closet while they took his stuff. Probably would have been OK if it wasn't his gun closet. They say an Englishmans' home is his castle, but it really means something over there, where the householder can use deadly force against armed attackers.
In school today we were all given two floppy and slightly etiolated sunflower seedlings to nurture at home in an unofficial competition of plant husbandry. This is almost a shame, because I have an accomplished horticulturalist on the staff but the estate is a bit lacking. There's a place where we could put them in a pot, but we have no pots, no compost and the place itself is full of builders' waste. So they went in the front garden which is apparently the local cat toilet and has soil as good as Venus.
The builders have now finished Bedroom 3 and are filling in some of the larger holes in the upstairs corridor. My room has been untouched, shame we spent all that time putting away the Lego Heroes yesterday. The windowmen came in, removed curtains, did one window, and bogged off again. I'm sure it'll all be worth it.
ceiling light fittings with halogen light bulbsThere was a slight shouty event when he was up a ladder upstairs and I didn't answer the phone I was sitting next to, but it was a timed game with no pause button on that level, these people have to re-examine their priorities.
We drove to the laundrette which is great because I get to look around the Ark furniture store with its nooks and crannies while he's in there. Then I had a real job: to choose my own light fitting at B+Q. Having weighed up all the possibilities, I plumped for the Inseki 4-spot wavy bar job because I had 3 spots last time and this time I have a bigger room. This choice was duly ratified when he bought it again for the kitchen, and re-ratified later when Jof agreed we should buy them for the corridors as well. That's a further 4, so we may actually run them out.
Later we produced 3 more binbags of wallpaper strippings, will we outdo last week's 13 bags? I missed the Beaver super-meeting because we just don't have the time. I'll have to ask Ben what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.