Friday 17 May 2013

Too far gone to let it get to me

car drives off without paying for fuel destroys pumpWell, we're practically living a life of luxury now. We have rearranged our extension cables and now I can watch TV while Jof knits and he does statistical analysis on the computer. Remember my attachment to a shipping container with hard drive magnets last year? (My Magnetic Personality) Somebody somewhere liked it and tweeted the link. A few people retweeted and posted to Facebook and now it's trending globally and has had thousands of views. Of course, it is but one nugget within the rich motherlode of gold that this blog offers, but I am happy to have made some folks laugh.
This morning we got 3 builders and 3 electricians. This is a problem as we only have 4 metal coffee mugs, so they will have to go on to MugShare.
carpenter at work in houseWhen I got back home it was chaos. There was stuff everywhere but amidst the armageddon-in-a-pocket you could see little differences. In some rooms we've practically got ceilings. Dave the Carpenter was starting to box in the giant steel girder holding up the upstairs part of our house. But in the background, we hardly noticed that the large wall cupboard unit has been put on the wall - it's spent the last 8 months on the floor. This revealed a section of kitchen floor we'd never seen before: it's tiled, slopes down and away from you, and has been hiding an abandonedbuilders l;adder and wallpaper stripping for plastering
 dog biscuit all this time.
Upstairs, they have mostly plastered Bedroom #3. This will be the least used room in our future house, but potentially the first to be finished. I love this, because every day I return to something new, it's never boring.
After swimming we picked Jof up from work and we were all tired. Jof got the job of wiping up the inch-thick layer of dust on all surfaces, he stripped wallpaper and I played noisy annoying games on the HTC tablet. Hey. We all need to work to our strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.