Tuesday 21 May 2013

Bathroom on a Lorry

sean connery bond accent funny jokeWe have a mouse. At the moment it has ready access to the world of light from its lair under the floorboards, but when the builders get into that room and sort the floor out, it'll be trapped below. So I'll put down some of that blue barley to keep it going.
renovating bedroom home decoratingThe lorry arrived with our bathroom on it today. Well, some of it. All the unimportant bits like the shower screen and shower kit, not the actual bath and sink. The builders did lots of plastering so the corridor is all dark and they said we had to strip the wallpaper from my room. I found it easy, big slabs of it came off and I did the whole wall myself, don't know what all the fuss is about.
The wallpaper in question is like plywood because it's 1930s paper with 40s paint on it, then 50s chip paper on top of that with a layer of 60s paint, and some 70s paper with 80s paint over that, so when you pull it, it comes off all at once and hits the floor with a clang. I'll do some more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.