Monday 1 August 2016

Dancing the Masochism Tango

It was one of those days spent hanging around, waiting for something to happen. So once we'd been to the supermarket and had lunch in the café (getting to be a habit) I was Minecrafting when I tried something new and killed all my dogs.
In order to punish myself, I set up a drop into lava directly below the spawning point, so I appeared, dropped, died, and respawned again and again. Then, in a fit of righteous savagery, I deleted the entire world that I'd been working on for 2 years, and got sad about it. The sky drizzled all day to match my despondency.
AN EVENING WASTED WITH TOM LEHRER Meanwhile, Bud did a 10-mile run for the second day in a row in order to punish himself for drinking beer 3 days in a row. I chose a better option and went to Havant Leisure Centre and practised diving off the diving board, and made myself a new Minecraft world with mountains with holes in so I could thread the needle while skydiving.
♫♪ Take your cigarette from its holder
And burn your initials in my shoulder
Fracture my spine
And swear that you're mine
As we dance to the Masochism Tango ♫♪  (Tom Lehrer, 1959)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.