Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Rampant Naked Pool Party

grove park retirement community fitness centreToday we wished Grandma a happy 83rd by visiting her and giving her 3 grabbers, all different.
The big attraction about this visit was the swimming pool. We'd investigated it on a previous visit and today we arrived with my swimming kit, I was supposed to go in with Grandad while Bud looked after Grandma. This plan worked out perfectly well until it came to putting on the swimming trunks. I know we had them. They were orange, to match my shoes. I know they were there. But were they there? No.
empty swimming poolOptions included swimming in pants and going home commando, but that would be boring (and chafing) so I went in wearing only goggles. There were some of those long coloured floats and some flat floaty-boards with the 2 handgrips and 2 unknown devices and 3 sausages which were just the long coloured floats in ten inch sections. In a noisy echoey hour-long session I quacked and dived and floated and laughed and brought happiness into Grandma's life, because nowadays she mostly just sits there quietly.
Nobody else came in at all, so nobody noticed I was naked. I also tried out the spa hot bubble-tub and it was only later we saw the sign that said due to safety concerns, nobody under 18 is allowed to use the spa pool. I'm only under 18 in this incarnation.
After lunch I read more Horrid Henry. When we got home Grandad phoned to say the swimming trunks had been found nearby, maybe I'll use them next time. Maybe I won't.
The scaffolding has gone. Our house looks like a house again, but we've got nowhere to do chin-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.