Friday 2 August 2013

Just Happy to be Here (don't know any different)

cat pawing bed sheets funnyWe have a Grandparental inspection tomorrow so Jof has been doing even more housework, even though her shoulder is still giving her gyp.
In the afternoon we headed down to the local post office to pick up my latest shipment of Lego. And Bud drove past. He wasn't supposed to be there so we got a lift home and found out it was about buying a man-bag.
daisy chain marmion road Recently the vintage thermometer broke whilst in the old man-bag (not the Old-man bag) leaving it fatally contaminated by elemental mercury. Mercury (liquid at room temperature) gradually gives off toxic fumes which cause irreversible madness (à la Mad Hatter), permanent mental degradation (how can you tell?) and it is also transdermally absorbed causing renal failure. The bag had to go. The spare bag from the loft had a certain ... feminine hand-baggy quality to it and had to be replaced. So we all went to Southsea where Jof was to spend her £32 of Debenhams vouchers on something Joffy, such as comfy slippers. We did the charity shops where I got a box set of Horrid Henrys and some bath fizzers, he got a man-bag and I got a bonus volcanic fizzer (actually, it's supposed to look like vanilla ice cream with strawberry sauce dribbled over it, but we all think it's a volcano) while Jof bought a beach-hut shaped notice board and a wooden anchor. Shouldn't be let out alone...
lego army of killbotsShe accompanied me to swimming as promised although that did mean I was left on my own in the boys changing rooms to play willy-waving with Fraser and Leo. She now wants to go swimming every week, never a bad thing.
Not speaking of which, this is the Lego model I made last night. You can see that I am the Dear Leader on the yellow block and my six Generals are rallying my troops. Notice also that they are a carefully arranged headless army of Zombie Killbots. Psychoanalysis, here we come.
We swept, hoovered, removed Lego from the wheelchair paths and similarly made our house fit for the inspection. It's going to be a lot easier when Nanna turns up.
Then, last thing at night, there was a massive thunderstorm with lightning and Instant-Monsoon, and we opened the upstairs windows and looked out with a certain drunk person waving excitedly at the wet people running home, against all advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.