Monday 12 August 2013

Dropped behind enemy Lines

hannibal the cannibal lecter funny costume fancy dressUp early to catch the scheduled transport to the Jihadi training site. We have a packed syllabus ranging from projectile weapons (archery) and survival skills (bivouac building) to infiltration (hide and seek). I am required to bring a complete change of clothes (including pants) and spare shoes and towel, I believe next week is parachuting in the dark and laying explosives along railway tracks.
The bus arrived and it wasn't just a 12-seater minibus, no, this was the full-on 27 foot high 18 wheeler executive coach that used to block our old road when football teams arrived to take points from us. I was whisked off in the pan-galactic pantechnicon to a glorious future leaving Jof forlorn.
large coach in city streetThe coach had only me on it, a fitting vehicle for royalty. Gradually some more activists joined me until there were as many as 12. The coach has curtains, and some took the chance for a nap.
After sign-in, I did cricket (out twice in the same ball, caught and run out) and bowled well. There was Frisbee-ing. There was more cricket.

gargoyle stylized pinnacle design
Gargoyle and roof decoration
After lunch I did art with paper leaves and jungle patterns which was great but true to special agent training I absconded and joined a nature group in a completely different section that looked much more fun. The staff didn't mind me changing courses mid-stream.
This meant I didn't get wet'n'dirty so didn't have to use my spare clothes.
Here is Prof Mungleton's unusual thing. Because the builders chose not to turn up at all today, the gargoyle-U-like from the pinnacle of the front gable is still in the garage. I took the chance to stare it out before it's reaffixed.
Tomorrow I am in the papier mache group. The teacher asked us to bring in newspapers: we don't actually buy them so I sent intrepid volunteer Bud to buy 2 of the cheapest available. Apparently this is hallowed journal "The Sun" which retails at 40p and traditionally contains much cleavage-flesh so whatever we make tomorrow may be ..... colourful. I was still singing gently at 830, a good few hours before my normal bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.