Monday 5 August 2013

Marche au Supplice (Berlioz)

only in texas funny shop sign mable peabodysOver the weekend the Redneck 'Blank' Games were held in Maine, USA. They used to be the Redneck Olympic Games until the notoriously prickly IOC forced the organiser to drop the Olympic reference.
OK, so it doesn't have much in common with a Greek hillock, but what's the harm? Events included Greased Watermelon Relay, bobbing for pig's feet, demolition derby, mud pit belly flop and toilet seat horseshoe throwing.
redneck olympic blank games hebron maine
There was also a wedding on tractors and multiple hog roast picnic. I think we should base all future summer parties on this format, maybe on the common in front of Ben's house.
Anyway, not to be outdone we had lunch at 3pm. In more relevant news, today our house started to sprout scaffolding.
debenhams beach hut display unit with mirrorWe've only got a bit at the moment, but great structures are from little haycorns grown: we expect to look like the Forth Bridge within a day. Given my propensity for Lego construction, I might very well have a natural talent for scaffold erection, and in years gone by, gibbets. But as I am leaving the environs to visit Nanna, I will miss the metal masterclass and will have to see it upon my return.
We waited in for 3 hours but the man who was supposed to come and look at our drains failed to show up, obviously doesn't need the money.
In recent weeks, we have all been struck by the creative muses. He painted the garage white. I painted my room contrasting shades of Lemon Pie and Roasted Red. And Jof has made this using only 1 reduced price beach hut noticeboard and a jewellery collection. It is the centrepiece of the Beautification Corner of the bedroom.
I haven't seen my friends for ages. I hope I'll get to see Ben at the weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.