Friday 27 July 2012

Super Swimmers

tv reporter funny fail
Happy Friday, 7,309 times better than the Mighty Snorting Powder Rangers! This is the last in the current run of YMCA child-minding (I don't mind, and I'm the child). But it's bonus day - splashabout swimming with my mates Ben and the JBs and then my real swimming lesson in the afternoon, all in the same pool, how handy.
Because we had chosen that activity, our other one was inside: 'Night Games' (not Nudey room). They turned the lights off and we made a massive den and had to run between safe locations without getting illuminated by the torch. This reminds me of an arcade game I met in 1978 called Escaped Slave Shooter or similar where black chaps wearing only a loincloth ran from 1 bit of jungle to another and you had to shoot them with one of those wooden rifles stuck on a pole in front of the screen, you know the ones. We won't see the like of those politically correct playtimes again.
Anyhoo, today I funded Johnny and Bobert their 50p tuck money, same as I did Elizabeth yesterday. They hadn't run out of strawberry whips today.
crayon drawings
In the swimming lesson proper, Fraser had some top-quality slashes and burns to his leg and hip, much much worse than the minor scratches I got when I fell through the bench on the pier. Turns out he got a new bike for his birthday and did the 'No hands' thing. Then we went back to collect Bobert and the Keystone Cops business started. First I was going to pick up Ben and the JBs. Then Johnny said he was going with Dominic (?) and BensMum said she'd get Ben. Then she said she'd take Bob to cricket but left without him. Then Dominic didn't show up to get Johnny, so we delivered them both to their Dad in a fit of Brewery-level organisation. Who'd have kids anyway? On the way home Johnny quizzed Bud about the heat death of the universe and the origin of the moon etc, for he is a land mine of information. Johnny thought he'd got all the answers right. We also discussed fatal injuries (as you do) until Bob said he was going to get bad dreams about having his brain cut open.
NEWSFLASH! Ankara is in flames tonight after a running gun battle between renowned Iranian gangster Skittle Ali and his arch rival Tin Can Ali in a vicious turf war for control of the docks. Turkish officials say that the 14 tourist casualties were a one-off and the area is safe for tourism.   (Reuters)
Late into the night (2230) we watched the brilliant Olympic opening ceremony (at least until the interminable procession of countries started) and I loved the chimneys, the stovepipe hats, the Mary Poppinses, the Dizzee Rascal, the fireworks, the Queen getting a lift from James Bond, and all the other excellent stuff. 27 million other Britons watched it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.