Tuesday 3 July 2012

Ain't no point in running from the rain

parenting fail funny cartoon...seems like it's going to find you anyway. The house is full of laundry again and I'm feeling the loss of my ladybird umbrella.
Came home today with a Head Bump Note with a difference. It was a groin bump. During playtime, I'd contrived a collision 'twixt willy and bench in the playground. I am currently trying to block these memories, but I'm better now as I was well able to run up the road afterwards with Ella from the year below playing a special chase game which to the uninitiated may resemble attempting to pull the clothes off the blonde girl.
alexandra park mountbatten centre portsmouthWe left early for gymnastics after last week's tardiness. Thus we arrived 18 minutes early: he left me to it.
Last week I noted that the nearby swingpark had been updated. Here are 2 images of the new post-modern park with its many new frames and twisty things. But this is when it was still raining, so it looks a little forlorn.
After gym we both went back but as soon as he asked me to do some exercises to strengthen my arms, I suddenly needed a poo and that was that. childrens play area in the rainOn the way we met a woman with a Ratdog-on-a-string, you know, pointless gerbil things carried by Grannies that go "Rrrrat, rrrrrrat!". It took an instant dislike to Bud and tried to eat his foot. We stood and laughed as it lost teeth on his steel toe-capped work boots.
Supper was interesting. He had bought spicy pizza with bits of chilli all over it so Jof and I could not eat it. We abused him lots until he brought the chocolate box for pudding. Yesterday I had complained because the selection was skimpy at best and today it was 1 packet of Maltesers which had clearly been at the bottom of a handbag for a month and 5 Tic-Tacs of assorted colours. Then he emptied 2 giant sacks of varied biscuits, chocs and other delectable goodies all over the box. Turns out that the afternoon walk while I was in the gym had taken him round the shops of North End. The best discovery was the "99p only" shop. Everything in it is 99p or less. Directly opposite is a rival: the "98p only" shop, where everything in it is yes well obviously. Thus the merchandise, staffing and, indeed, the clientele, are of a certain quality but at those prices I don't mind out-of-date Hungarian Indeterminates, although the chocolate balls I shall be bringing to Wednesday park tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.