Friday 20 July 2012

Full circles around me

pupil asleep in class gets a book hit on the head
Another year over, 3 Cheers for the Hols, hip hip, Hooray! The tintinnabula of time have tinkled their way to their chronological conclusion.
finals day of academic yearYear 1 has finished and 6 glorious weeks of tropical temperatures and burning solar radiation are upon us, we hope. OK, so it's not the 104 days of mental rusting as enjoyed by Phineas and Ferb, but still. Jof has booked us a holiday abroad (to the Island of Greater Vectis) and I have my new bike. I don't even want to think about being a Year 2 in September, I might have to be a prefect and everything.
apollo bike from halfords ukBeavers may have stopped, but swimming hasn't. So having completed that (I'm quick at backstroke) we picked Jof up from work and rushed home. My new bike has arrived, all shiny and new, like a velocipede touched for the very first time.
Bud advised me to have a few random circuits round swingpark to get the feel of the new machine and this was sensible. And OMFG. I am now Captain Fast, a fleeting vision in yellow, a high-energy neutron in the bubble chamber of life. He couldn't keep up for long. The big thick tyres absorb all road bumps leaving my bottom comfortable upon the saddle. The brakes work. I'm higher up. Everything's great. The world is my chocolate cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.