Tuesday 24 July 2012

A day with the Crash Test Mummies

Hello to the world and a special greeting to my latest follower.
children playing in the water
I don't always hug boys. But when I do, it's really funny
You know the film 'Dinosaurs'? I now have my doubts that it was filmed using real dinosaurs.
Because us little people get so much holiday, they have to take it in turns having my light shine upon them. Yesterday, it was his turn to (fail to) look after me (sunburn, damaged shins, bruises, bike-related exhaustion) so today Jof gets me and she has arranged a trip to the splashpark with anyone who's free. 
First thing, we scooted to the library with my new magic wonder card (they have a Robot Librarian now, still a better love story than Twilight) and I took out some books on tigers and met Ben. It's been so long since I saw him I hardly recognised him.
Once we'd made it out of the house (we were both grumpy and distracted and disorganised) we walked miles to the extremely busy splashpark which is difficult to get to by bus and hooked up with Erin, who had a bonus LittleMax thrown in free. In fact he's so little I reckon Erin and I probably could throw him. We laughed and screamed and splashed as only 450 hot kiddies can, until Erins' parking ticket ran out and we exeunted severally. Lucky Erin has a new paddling pool of Olympic proportions in her back garden. It takes 3 seasons of snowmelt to fill and is currently occupied by a lost dog and 3 nesting herons.
water park southsea seafront near D-Day museum
Bud picked us up and we dropped a hot Jof off at home so we could go to gymnastics. This being the hols, many customers fail to show for the regular weekly slot so they boost business by offering an hours' random play for £4 or so to get local kids busy. This session was a mixture of regs and agency so there were lots of us. We could see from the mixed session before us that parents were allowed in so I insisted he wait instead of going for a run. It was worth it. We tried out every single item in the room and they'd made a big den by putting a parachute over a load of benches and there was a foam barrel you can roll down the slope on and all the foam pits and hanging rings and parallel bars you could eat in 3 lifetimes. Then we were all gathered together to wield the 20-handle multicoloured parachute of fun. Get round in a big circle, wave it up and down with toys on, make a bubble and hide in it, flap it frantically etc etc. Once we had to flap it in the air, get down on our tummies and put only our heads in the bubble. At this point, a Tickle Monster of unknown origin scrambled around the outside pinging ALL of us in the ribs including the official teacher gymnast girlie who was probably not expecting it. Once we had emerged, Bud had chased the monster away which was why he was still pink and out of breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.