Sunday 9 December 2012

The Whole Tooth (and nothing but the tooth)

Pretty normal Sunday. He was full of Vitamin beer so got up first, Jof preferred sleep and I got up and drew. Gradually during the day we did Xmas cards and watched football and then I started to go through Blind Uncle Len's second delivery of assorted unknowns. An awful lot of it went straight into the tip pile or the burn pile or yet another succession of binbags but some of it was highly intriguing.
Len was a member of (and later, Grand Knight commanding) the Order of the Knights of St George. As far as I can tell they had to wear lots of England flags and badges and go around on rampant white chargers helping disabled ex-service personnel. He had an awful lot of badges, ties and flags, and he seems to have been a member of a lot of organisations.
england flag badges cufflinks tie pins
There were extra surprises - the timer tip for a large brass cannon round (used as a doorstop, and has clearly seen firing action), a Belgian war memorial and enough slides to keep an audience asleep for several days.
But while I was playing some kind of chase/attack computer game involving moles, my first tooth fell out. In fact, just by the word 'OF' on the biggest Knights shield, you see the little white thing.....
We have so much Knights kit now, perhaps Ben and I and the JBs could all play Knights instead of Lego Villains for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.