Saturday 8 December 2012

Ice Ice Baby

recreational facilities borough of rushmoorUp unreasonably early. Jof was working and I had to go to Farnborough to revisit Sycamore Park and check out Wooden Park in Farnham. I took us an hour to get there but the man we'd gone to see was out. We left him a box lid as a cryptic message and went to park #1.
rushmoor borough council recreation
Park#1 is Sycamore Road park, Farnborough, on King George V playing fields. We were the only people there for ages and I tried out everything. My favourite is the hammocks (4)

saturday in the park
but I also like the bullhorn and binoculars.
I used the binoculars to shoot laser cannons at the dogs walking in the park.

Just before we left we checked out the ornamental fishpond. There wasn't much in the way of ornamentation, not even a heron graced its murky depths but it did have an inch of ice.
We threw ice on the ice and it shattered and scattered shards everywhere.

farnborough king george v playing fileds sycamore road
Once we'd filled the car with more of Blind Uncle Len's possessions, we went to Park #2, Gostrey Meadow, Farnham. The River Wey runs through it and people were fishing. The climbing apparatus is good and there are 2 wobbly bridges, a giant sandpit with bucket-on-a-chain, some skeletal roundabouts and metal tunnel.
river wey farnhamThen we got very stuck in traffic on the way out and were 10 minutes late for our rendezvous with Jof. She was 10 minutes later than that and got a taxi home so it didn't matter. Then he went off with the PuddleDaddies while I went to Beth's house, grabbing a Poppy on the way for good measure. Ben and The JBs and one of their friends arrived and we had a gym competition and a pillowfight and made Xmas decorations.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.