Sunday 2 December 2012

Painting over the cracks

coloured paper and cutting sticking school art materialsUp 9-ish so no problems there. Declined the offer of a lift to Sainsbury's in favour of Lego, Jof is getting quite good at helping me.
But as soon as he was back the Toyroom painting project was on again so I helped Jof clear out the art cupboard. A lot of it was rubbish so that went, and I made up an arty gift box for Erin and Beth to say thank you for yesterday. OK, translation actually is - offloading a pile of assorted bits onto someone else.
During the excavations, she discovered 6 pairs of scissors in there, deposited no doubt by the Scissor Fairy (not affiliated with the Scissor Sisters).
psilocybe semilanceata hallucinogenic magic mushrooms
Then Jof painted the kitchen while he ran and I watched Scooby-Doo and TV for ages. Then he went into the loft for hours and sorted while I got loads of time on the computer playing games. This moving house business is great, there's no work at all.

Next in a series of "Things You'd Forgotten You Ever Had In Your Loft". This highly suspicious painting (done in enamel on an old mirror) is signed Bud 1990. I cannot possibly think what made him paint these sparkly lines and wheels and ladders spinning in infinity and unfolding forever into space, but I do like the picture of the funny mushrooms drying in the sun right at the top.
It belongs to a bygone era and will go to the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.