Sunday 31 March 2013

Mood Rabbit

baffins pond copnor portsmouth feeding ducksUp late, and slowly. It was 10 something but due to nocturnal temporal distortions, it was 11 something. Jof didn't want to get up. Eventually we made it to Baffins Pond to do my Beaver Scouts project, care of animals. My brief was to feed the birds.
baffins pond copnor portsmouth playpark slideThe first creatures we fed were squiggles, but they didn't count because those pesky naturalists didn't reclassify them as birds, like I demanded. But there were moorhens, swans, ducks, a dead frog, pigeons, a dead moorhen and seagulls. The geese were too far away so I couldn't claim them.
The swingpark there is great and the bouncy slide was very busy but in the end we got cold and went home. That's pretty well it for activities, we watched Galaxy Quest, cartoons, played computer games and researched Badgers for my school project. I could have had any nocturnal animal - spectacled bear, paradoxical frog, nine-banded armadillo, Hoffman's 2-toed sloth, Panamanian night monkey, Cyprus spiny mouse or great grey slug. But I chose badgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.