Saturday 30 March 2013

Beer, Bugs & Bouncing

loose feed pet shop bridge centre portsmouth fratton roadUp at 10am. This is the life.
Lots of plans for the day so loaded up on jammy bagels. Walked through swingpark alone but keeping in contact with walkie-talkie. Jof had to stay in to meet the removals man who said that we have to dismantle all the beds etc, so we went to Fratton road to get birdfeed. For my animals (care and appreciation of) badge in Beaver Scouts, I am tasked with feeding some birds, identifying them, noting their habitat etc. So we went to the pet shop by the Bridge Centre and they have a wide selection of birdseed and you just spoon it into a bag and one of them was actually called Swan & Duck so we said OK then and paid our 83p.
Not far away are some charity shops, you can never pass up the chance for you never know what you'll get. This time I got some bath fizzers, even though last night was the last bath fizzer night in this house. Then there were 2 bags of Lego Bionicles, hooray.
giant centipede scorpion stick insect collection
And this. A rock-on display case of insects in resin blocks so you can pick them up and get up close and personal without getting stung. Who else apart from Mr Museum has this in their bedroom?
kids on a green carpetThere's beetles and scorpions and grasshoppers and a stick insect. The first 3 have 'Giant' in their names. I am going straight to the top of the list in show'n'tell at school and I want to get a bigger animal badge than anyone else in Beavers. Even Jof thought they were cool, apart from the Yuck Factor which must be some kind of American TV programme.
Then Bud left for the pub and we went to Erins' house for 8 hours. We partied and watched endless films and did cutting/sticking and ate chocolate and got home for 20 to midnight. I didn't bother showering. I realise this is a precis version of a bodacious 8-hour event but my blogwriter was incapacitated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.