Thursday 28 March 2013

A Frosty Breakup

The last day of this term. Within a couple of days it'll officially be British Summer Time which is a bit of a poodle as it was icy this morning.
sister gives brother a boner funny fail autocorrect textSpeaking of poodle, more dubious meats have turned up in a Siamese take-away meal after genetic testing. Inspectors smelled a rat, could have been barking up the wrong tree or looking for a scapegoat. Aha.
chains cold on the hands in winterThis term, one of our topics has been the great fire of London. So, we made various cardboard buildings and today the topic culminated (and fulminated) when the teachers placed our city in some sand in the playground, set a 5 metre exclusion zone, and set fire to it. It may have been a cold day but the cardboard city went up in no time.
yellow curly game capture flagI have been qualified on bonfires for some years now, but the teachers ignored my entreaties and didn't let me burn anything. Something to do with health'n'safety.
breadsticks and jaffa cakesThursday Park went off as usual, but with extra layers of clothing. Can spring start sometime soon, please? Ben and the JBs joined me and we swung and climbed and did the battle over the curly slide. The idea is, rather like a paintball fight, to capture the opposing team's flag, or in this case, pile of wood chips. So there will be a certain amount of manhandling and roister doistering. I am quite small (if loud and bossy) so it wasn't long before my foot was twisted and I did the splits, cue howling.
It also wasn't long before I threw the tennis ball right into Ben's eye, cue not giving me any chocolate cake. These things having been proved equal and to be expected, we had a traditional picnic in the Radio Station and got home almost in time to clear up the Lego before Jof got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.