Sunday 19 August 2012

Looking at the peaches

climbing frame seesaw and gingko treeA couple of days ago I cycled back from Portchester Castle and we spied an unknown park on the way. So today we visited it: Watersedge Park between Paulsgrove and Portchester. It's small, jammed right up against the motorway and the railway, has 1 frame, a decent seesaw, a sports + social clubhouse and a Gingko tree. Right in the corner there's a load of blackberry bushes you can make dens behind (you can practically touch the trains as they go past) but the fruit yield was poor.
The day was promising to be as hot as yesterday. Jof said she didn't like going to Eastney nudist beach because it was full of old pervs, which I believe to be some kind of real ale. Perhaps that is why Bud fits in so well. Anyway, she said I could go to a more mainstream beach where the bikinis gather, rather than where the wrinklies and runklies, the dinglies and the danglies gather.
southsea canoe lake splashpark, miniature village lumps fort portsmouthThus Canoe Lake splashpark with added beach was chosen.
I was a good boy and was allowed on the 'Caterpillar' (large soft play inflatable thing you fight with, £2 for 5 mins) but elected to not spend the £2 in return for £1 into my piggy bank. I'm onto a winner here. All I've got to do is demand to go on every ride I see and then voluntarily sacrifice the experience to get half the cost back into my toyshop savings, like some kind of government tax-back salary sacrifice benefit thingy. Then I got an ice cream anyway.

baby walk-along toy carIn the evening Jof went for a run and met LittleMax, who had just been abandoned by the friends he was playing with. Jof brought him home and we immediately set about getting out all the weapons and musical instruments etc that we'd just tidied away. Then we fed the rabbit (OK, Bud fed the rabbit, we trampolined and ran up and down scaring said herbivorous quadruped) and returned to mine for Lego. It's been ages since I saw him so we were very loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm glad you want to comment, for I like messages from humans. But if you're a Robot spam program, Google will put you in the spam folder for me to laugh at later.